Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

P Mentior

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Ohio
I got my iPad shortly after launch and place an InvisibleShield on the back right away. A few months ago I bought the apple case and it has been on the iPad ever since. Tonight I decided to take the case off to do a thorough cleaning and found blue marks all over the Shield. anybody else have this happen?

Attachments

• IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    641.7 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

mikelegacy

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
That should wash off pretty easy? Probably just some of the rubber from the case wearing off? How much are those invisible shields? Could just buy a new one. I would suggest NOT leaving those apple cases on too long. For one, the reason they make the case NOT fit with the dock is because of heat dissapation. Keeping the case on while charging is going to force your battery to gain a memory, and decrease your battery life over time.

Just saying, remove the case while charging = no blue lines and no battery life decrease.

lozpop

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
This has a been discussed a lot of times. Almost everyone that used the invisible shield and the Apple case has experienced this problem.

dancedreamfly

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2010
If it's any consolation, Wrapsol also has this problem. You can get it replaced right? Lifetime warranty?

lidomkj

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2008
I had this happen with an earlier iPhone and incase leather pouch. Incase said it was some dye rubbing off and they changed their case to prevent this. They said to use an eraser (the gray ones you use in art or drafting) and that gets it off. Also, magic eraser works too. If that does not remove it, just get a replacement protector from invisible shield. Usually have to send picture.

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
Invisible Shields are great for picking up stains and discoloration. I used to be a fan of IS, but I won't touch one now.

P Mentior

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Ohio
I had this happen with an earlier iPhone and incase leather pouch. Incase said it was some dye rubbing off and they changed their case to prevent this. They said to use an eraser (the gray ones you use in art or drafting) and that gets it off. Also, magic eraser works too. If that does not remove it, just get a replacement protector from invisible shield. Usually have to send picture.

Magic Eraser gets it off? Thats interesting. Maybe I'll give that a try but it doesn't really concern me as it is in the case most of the time so no worries.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.