Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BenFL

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
I just received my alligator leather skin from UPS and decided that since I could not find a good review, with pictures, that I would make one.

I have been using the Apple case for a while and decided to mix it up a little.

Step one: Clean.

e7xf9b

After removing the apple case, I took a little bit of alcohol on a clean cloth and wiped down the back of the iPad. I also, as added precaution, washed my hands before hand just incase.

Step 2: Line up.
I took a minute to get the Skin lined up on the back of the iPad, trying my best to center it.

Step 3: Remove sticker "1".

mk7wrq

Having it lined up as best I could get it. I firmly held down one end, lifted and removed the plastic strip in the middle of the skin, then slowly placed the skin on the back of the iPad. Starting in the middle and working my way out to be sure it stuck on properly.

Step 4: Remove stickers "2" and "3".
Then I lifted one side and removed the plastic, slowly laying it back down, working from the center to the sides so there weren't any bubbles of any type.

Step 5: Enjoy!

tknvj2

ovz6zj

38udsu

Overall I like it. As you can see from the pictures it looks like it is just a hair too small.

Thanks for looking.

-Ben

solaris7

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2008
Thank you for taking your time to do a review, but that just looks god awful!

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
The Alligator is a little much for me, but I have the tan one and it's great.

Mactagonist

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2008
NYC - Manhattan
Yeah, I like it too. But I love incorporating more wood and leather into current Apple gear. Gives in a little more life and a more human feel. Aluminum and glass all the time is a little too sterile for me.

How is the product and the texture? Does it feel luxurious and soft? The fact that it is just a sticker worries me a bit...

BenFL

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
I am still enjoying my skin now several weeks later. It is still in place with none of the corners lifting off like I thought might happen from sliding it in and out of my leather folio.

Mactagonist- it feels nice, but I would not say luxurious and soft, as the texture is hard from being made to look like alligator skin. I imagine just a plain leather skin would feel that way.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Your pictures cast waaaaaaaaaaaaay more red in the leather than is actually the case.

Its brown, and looks really good.

The ostrich also looks really good.

I would not buy these leathers unless you have a 50% off coupon as they are not worth $55.

leeschill

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2009
These skins are quite popular. SGP also makes a skin for the iPad to that I like. These (yours pictured) I think add a bit more class to the skin with its aligator look.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.