Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aplqna

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 10, 2010
Maryland
I will try this again because I would like to know if anyone has had the same experience. My previous thread was closed, I am guessing because of argument. So, to avoid that, please only answer if you've went through THIS situation and/or have access to Apple's official policy regarding this matter. I am not seeking advice, help, or anything of the like.

This week, I sent in my 4th Generation iPod Touch for repair because there was a dead pixel right in the middle of my screen. It was small but very distracting. Since it has the Retina Display, I was not sure exactly how many pixels were dead.

Anyway, I sent it in and was updated yesterday that the repair team could "not duplicate the issue". They sent it back to me today and lo and behold as soon as I turn it on, the dead pixel is there. I called in and spoke with a woman from AppleCare who transferred me to Customer Relations- the lady put me on hold for a while, came back and said "It does appear that the tech team found a dead pixel. However, they say it is within Apple's specifications for a functioning product." I went on to inform her of the links some people have posted in the past showing that Apple says it will replace an iPod Touch or iPhone for even ONE SINGLE dead pixel. She brushed it off and said "That's what they told me. I'm not on the tech team."

I have resolved my pixel problem through my own means, however, I want to hear others' experiences if there are any.

Did Apple change it's policy on how many pixels must be dead on a 4th Gen iPod Touch before they repair or replace it? If you've had the same thing happen to you, how did Apple handle it?

Here is a link to the Apple Policy I have seen: http://www.gadgetvenue.com/apple-dea...aked-11054009/

classie787

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2010
I also have a dead or stuck pixel (it is blue) on my new iPod Touch 4th Gen. Anyhoo, I haven't done anything about it, but find your troubles with Apple interesting. I have considered getting it replaced...

I used to have a Canon T1i digital camera that had several stuck pixels. I wasn't too happy, but was able to google a way to "map out" the dead pixels. Too bad you can't do the same for a Touch!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.