Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darthvader70

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
"Your credit card information does not match the bank records. Please enter a US address..."

Anyone else dealing with this nonsense?

BACKSTORY:
For 3 days I have been trying to enter a new credit card number for an existing Itunes account with the same bank AND the same address. After 3 days of getting the runaround here is today's story of "buyer beware"...I have been a machine around town converting numerous friends and family over the years to get into the Apple world...Today all of that changed thanks to Itunes:

The latest! I tunes is officially a joke now!

REMEMBER
This is just trying to change the credit card number with the same bank and the same Itunes account!

PRESENT DAY
Finally got an Apple troubleshooter on the phone. Great as always (be advised Itunes has no humans to talk to. The cowards hide behind emails) - The Apple support guy gets Itunes on his own chat window...they tell him the same as me "tough, nothing we can do about it. Tell customer to use a different card."

Second call to Apple customer care off corporate line....The Apple service I have come to expect. This poor guy spent 3 hours on this....

We called my bank:
Bank, "Yes, of course the information on the credit card is correct. We have it here where we have approved it 11 TIMES today!"

Apple Guy talks to Itunes cowards again:
Itunes, "No something is wrong with the information."
Apple Guy "No, its been approved 11 TIMES today."
Itunes, "Call VISA.

Apple Guy calls VISA with me on the phone:
VISA, "What? We dont keep the address information. All of those calls and issues are from the issuing bank."

Apple Guy talks to Itunes cowards again:
Apple Guy, "I have talked to the bank personally. All the information is correct. Not only that a purchase has been made at other online businesses today such as Amazon. We also just spoke to VISA. It's not them either"
Itunes cowards, "No we are not wrong. It's the bank. Tell your customer to consider PAYPAL now!"

Itunes is the weak link in the Apple chain. We own 2 MacBook Pros, 2 Iphones and have an Ipad under the tree. Now that we know in a jam Itunes does not let you talk to humans nor do they admit when they are wrong and blame it on the rest of the world.... Well... our old Motorola phones and (gulp) Dells are looking a little better now... Itunes even doesnt work well with the other Apple employees trying to do their job!

Goldinboy17

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
San Francisco, Ca
I had the same issue with my credit card. I tried three different ones, no dice. It ended up being some issue with their servers but they seemed adamant something was wrong on my side. This was with the phone support of course which frankly sucked. However, email support was AMAZING. They're extremely courteous and I swear were easier to deal with. I was told to login to their website and remove my credit card from file. The link is below:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...e.woa/wa/RSLID?nnmm=acct&sf=wHF2F2PHCCCX72KDY

Go to change account information and edit the billing info. Remove the card if there's an option. If not, enter a new one and edit your billing from there. It was a lot easier than editing the settings from iTunes. Anyways, sorry I can't be more precise with the steps. Getting a "this account has been disabled for security reasons" error. Dang kids always gussing the password and disabling it...

Also, I HATED PayPal for iTunes purchases. It was a huge pain and for some reason I ended up getting refunded for all of my purchases, why would Apple give me my money back? Anyways, It ended up being a pain to take care of the negative balance since I couldn't change my billing information if the account owned them. Finally wisened up and though of just using an iTunes card to fix that.

NYDiplomat

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2010
u should look into buying iTunes cards. Makes life easier and your card infom will not need to be in itunes.

darthvader70

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
yes its Chase

Yep my card is Chase. First one worked fine and was Chase as well.
Today the Chase rep told the Apple Customer Service guy and me that all 11 times we entered it they approved and all was fine... Itunes is the glitch.

After spending thousands on Apple equipment I refuse to have to use gift cards or paypal....

0wnage

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2010
Okay, call chase and tell them to refresh your account. they did that for mine, and it fixed that problem

ItsJustafnPhone

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
Yep my card is Chase. First one worked fine and was Chase as well.
Today the Chase rep told the Apple Customer Service guy and me that all 11 times we entered it they approved and all was fine... Itunes is the glitch.

After spending thousands on Apple equipment I refuse to have to use gift cards or paypal....

So spending large amounts of money electively allows you to have a major false sense of entitlement

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.