Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigbadneil

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
I have just bougt a new HP Photosmart Premium C309 and it is working wirelessly with my sony Vaio but my new iPhone 4 cant see it......What am i doing wrong????

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Thanks your correct, my printer is not compatible, is there any apps that can help make it work or will i just have to wait for it to be compatible???

Just bought the same printer a week before Apple announced no more "sharing" via mac or pc so I am in the same boat as you.

Right now I am using Printopia, it activates sharing on a mac. Its 10 dollars, a little overpriced but it gets the job done.

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2010
There are free airprint hacks discussed on the forum here, they work via a computer that shares its printer via airprint. There are also two paid apps that do the same thing. They all require the computer to be on to use them.

Also many printers have their own app in the app store to print straight to the printer, I know my canon had one that works but not anywhere near as well as airprint does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.