Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Panch0

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
Virginia
Has anyone been successful in getting the Coupons.com app to work with AirPrint? In the AppStore comments, it seems about 50-50 between "this app doesn't work at all" and "works fine for me". Unfortunately, coupons.com support seems unaware that they even offer an iPhone App, so I was hoping someone here may have found a solution.

Here's my situation:
After installing the app, I open it while connected to my WiFi Connection. The app just sits at the "Loading" screen forever.
I close the App and turn off WiFi. I then reopen the app while on 3G and it loads up almost immediately.
I add a coupon to my basket and try to print. Obviously this fails, because I have to connect to WiFi to see my HP Printer.
I close the app and turn WiFi Back on.
I re open the app and it loads immediately.
I add a coupon to the basket and try to print ( as I can now see the printer).
The app displays "Downloading coupon" and then site for about 3 minutes (kind of long time out setting), then informs me that no coupons in my basket are valid.

I take this to mean that for some reason I am not able to connect to the Coupons.com servers over wifi, but I am able to connect over 3G.

I see the same behavior both at home and at work, although I think that I was able to connect over WiFi at a Starbucks.

In Safari, I can browse to Coupons.com from any of my locations, but of course, they just tell me that my browser is not supported.

My network at home is an AirPort Extreme connected to FiOS at 35Mbps.

Has anyone run into this issue and found a solution?

Thanks!

MrMiran

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2012
Similar issue with iPod Touch

Our iPod Touchs will print from any app to our HP P1102w printer. Every app except the coupons.com app, that is. Ironically that is why we bought the printer... so we could print coupons from our three iPods and pay for the printer in savings. =0(

JeremieWeldin

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2011
Our iPod Touchs will print from any app to our HP P1102w printer. Every app except the coupons.com app, that is. Ironically that is why we bought the printer... so we could print coupons from our three iPods and pay for the printer in savings. =0(

Same here. :(

hckeymom

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2012
Printing from coupons.com APP

I bought a HP printer so I can Print from the Coupons.com APP. My AirPrint worked perfectly but I could not print my coupons from the app. It said there were no printers. Finally I realized to click the share printer on network from the printer preference page. Well the printer popped up. If you only have one computer and not sharing your printer on the network you would not use that option. It worked for me. I can print coupons from the app on all my devices:)

Last edited:

JeremieWeldin

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2011
I bought a HP printer so I can Print from the Coupons.com APP. My AirPrint worked perfectly but I could not print my coupons from the app. It said there were no printers. Finally I realized to click the share printer on network from the printer preference page. Well the printer popped up. If you only have one computer and not sharing your printer on the network you would not use that option. It worked for me. I can print coupons from the app on all my devices:)

This worked! It is very frustrating that for this app AirPrint isn't working as it should (straight through the network to the printer, and that it requires that you have a PC/Mac present to share the printer through, but it does indeed work. Now if only they would update the app to allow ALL AirPrint printers. It seems to me that they must be filtering out laser printers or something since I have heard no issues with printing from this app to hp's inkjet printers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.