Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Neverbepeace

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
New York
:confused:

Was fine all day today....then, about an hour ago, I cant send any mail. It gives me the "An error occurred while delivering this message"

Tried deleting account and and re-adding but it still doesn't work. I can receive them, but cant send........any help is much appreciated. Thanks

sharpycl

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2009
Gaithersburg, MD
Works on my end. Have you restarted your iPhone? Whenever I have problems with it a quick reboot solves the issue.

If that doesn't work then what also works for me is deleting the old exchange profile on your iPhone and creating a new one.

Good luck.

dacheng

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2011
I have the same problem. Started noticing it at around 6pm PST on Friday, so pretty much the same as the first commenter.

I tried a lot of things. Deleting the exchange account is one of them. Resetting network is another. Rebooting too. Nothing works. Sending using Safari works. Wife and friend have no issues.

Neverbepeace

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
New York
I have the same problem. Started noticing it at around 6pm PST on Friday, so pretty much the same as the first commenter.

I tried a lot of things. Deleting the exchange account is one of them. Resetting network is another. Rebooting too. Nothing works. Sending using Safari works. Wife and friend have no issues.

Still suffering from the same issue......

Has anybody found a solution? Thanks

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
I'm curious as to what exactly Microsoft Exchange with Gmail is and what extra features it boasts over just regular Gmail.

Do explain.

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
Push email, for one thing. Another option for syncing calendar and contacts with addressbook and ical for another.

As of 4.x, you can sync contacts and calendar with Gmail. And hasn't Push always been there as an option?

I remember the Exchange workaround to get Google Calendar working, but iOS 4.x offers that officially now.

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
As of 4.x, you can sync contacts and calendar with Gmail. And hasn't Push always been there as an option?

I remember the Exchange workaround to get Google Calendar working, but iOS 4.x offers that officially now.
Push gmail? No. Not always been there. perhaps it's been added lately, but no.... (push alerts, yes). And yes, you are right, you can sync contacts/ calendar with 4.x, but exchange does it well. Sadly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.