Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mark649

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2011
I am on call during the nite for work and get my calls via text. Is there any way to add and change or make louder the text message ringtones. Always afraid I am going to sleep thru the call which would not be good
Many thanks
Mark

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
I am on call during the nite for work and get my calls via text. Is there any way to add and change or make louder the text message ringtones. Always afraid I am going to sleep thru the call which would not be good
Many thanks
Mark
Seriously? :) I spend time trying to find one that's not so dang loud.
I hear you though, I work on call too, and finally had to create a good loud "on call" ringtone.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I would suggest switching your calls away from text. Some of the ringtones are pretty loud. Otherwise, look at some of the text sounds from the latest update. They are louder and longer than the earlier ones Apple included with the iPhone.

iBryton

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2010
You could plug your phone into a speaker system and when the phone goes off, it goes through the speakers?

emkwan

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2009
Upgrade to the latest iOS there's some amazing ringtones once u upgrade. I used to have the same issue now it's resolved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.