Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
Hi to all,
Does any of you know of a app that marks item as you are reading them similar to what google reader does, instead of manually marking them as read?

Cheers!

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
True, but this only happens if you actually enter each and one of the feeds, then it marks as read, not just scrolling. I was looking for something that marked items as read just by scrolling, similar to what google reader does.

drarrex7

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2008
Oh yeah, I know what you're talking about now. I don't recall seeing that in any apps I've tried. Would be a cool feature though.

Reeder at least has the ability to swipe the item to mark it as read pretty quickly, but when you have a lot of articles even that isn't really practical.

Shawnpk

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Hi to all,
Does any of you know of a app that marks item as you are reading them similar to what google reader does, instead of manually marking them as read?

Cheers!

At the bottom of the Reeder app, there is a check mark enclosed in a circle. If you press it, a modal view pops up and you can choose "Mark All As Read".

Fedorov

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
I even have that confirmation turned OFF in the Reeder settings - so just hit the tick and they are all marked as read once I reached the bottom.

robgranholm

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2010
not helpful

"marking all as read" is not helpful when you have 1000 articles to read. the app "Newsify" has this feature for iPhone, and "Mr Reader" for iPad ... that should set you straight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.