Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dvdelich

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
so here's the thing, I have just recently changed or updated my itunes library to be cleaner looking eg: changing artist names that are duplicates into just one artist such as "the beatles" and "beatles, the" to one or the other so my issue is that my apple tv does not see these changes I have made in my itunes library

how would one go about fixing this

The Mad Hatter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
SoCal
so here's the thing, I have just recently changed or updated my itunes library to be cleaner looking eg: changing artist names that are duplicates into just one artist such as "the beatles" and "beatles, the" to one or the other so my issue is that my apple tv does not see these changes I have made in my itunes library

how would one go about fixing this

I know on my ATV1, if I make changes in iTunes, I have to hit the 'sync' button for it to show in the ATV1's menu. Basically, do your edits. Then in the left pane of iTunes click on the the ATV you are syncing/streaming too. In the right window you should see a 'sync' button (lower right). Click on on that, and you should be golden.

HTH

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
On the ATV2, the changes are immediate. You should be able to make the change and instantly see it reflected on the screen with the media resorting as necessary. If you are using the original, you'll probably need to resync to reflect the changes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.