Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

0wnage

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
Was wondering if the only option for a weak phone vibrate was a phone replacement. Has anybody had their phone replaced for this? Thanks!

jpetticrew

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
Texas
Was wondering if the only option for a weak phone vibrate was a phone replacement. Has anybody had their phone replaced for this? Thanks!

We just replace the vibrate motor. It's two screws to remove the back, and two screws to replace the motor. It takes about five minutes to do.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
We just replace the vibrate motor. It's two screws to remove the back, and two screws to replace the motor. It takes about five minutes to do.

Don't be silly. The phone is under warranty. Apple will replace the whole thing. :cool:

0wnage

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
Wait -- so what is it? Do they just replace the motor, or do they replace the entire phone? Lol.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Wait -- so what is it? Do they just replace the motor, or do they replace the entire phone? Lol.

They will replace the entire phone. They will not tear it apart and try to troubleshoot it. They will just replace the phone. The only repair they would do is the back glass replacement on an i4. That's a 2 minute job.

jpetticrew

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
Texas
They will replace the entire phone. They will not tear it apart and try to troubleshoot it. They will just replace the phone. The only repair they would do is the back glass replacement on an i4. That's a 2 minute job.

That's not true at the store I work at. If it's a vibrate motor or battery problem, we replace the part.

For free of course.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.