Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Nov 28, 2010
located

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses. (see rule #3 under How do I get help with a hardware or software problem)
To edit your thread title, just click on the
edit.gif
button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

Have you also taken a look at MRoogle, since that question may have been asked several times?

Which user is running "MTMD"? And are you sure it is called "MTMD" and not "mds"? "mds" is the Spotlight indexing service and runs for a while after first boot.

Nov 28, 2010
located
It seems to be part of the Time Machine "backupd.bundle". Do you run Time Machine with Mac OS X 10.7?
It seems to be not running in Mac OS X 10.6, but only 10.7, though I don't run TM on 10.7 or 10.6. It is not even part of the 10.6 "backupd.bundle" as it is in 10.7.

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
you should ask the Apple's Developers Forums instead of asking here. They'll have better answers then us.

that's assuming you didn't just pirate the damned thing...

seajack0

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2011
Disable Local Snapshots

1. I have found that this is tied to the new "local snapshot" feature of time machine, which is enabled regardless of whether or not you use TimeMachine.

System Preferences > Time Machine > Options, Deselect Create Local Snapshots, restart. Fixed the problem for me!

2. You just really don't need to question where people are getting their copies of Lion. There's no point other than to just give yourself some sort of false sense of satisfaction. People who put alpha stage software on their machines are all clearly hobbyists. Don't hate your own kind.

jake4ever

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2009
Ma'on La'oved, Hadera, Israel
1. I have found that this is tied to the new "local snapshot" feature of time machine, which is enabled regardless of whether or not you use TimeMachine.

System Preferences > Time Machine > Options, Deselect Create Local Snapshots, restart. Fixed the problem for me!

2. You just really don't need to question where people are getting their copies of Lion. There's no point other than to just give yourself some sort of false sense of satisfaction. People who put alpha stage software on their machines are all clearly hobbyists. Don't hate your own kind.

Thanks! And no, I do not have a developer account, because I was invited to test the seed from Apple (I know a lot of the people there, and NOBODY answers their phones...) :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.