Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

one028

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2011
I have had my macbook air 11" ultimate for 3 weeks now...all of the sudden i keep losing wifi connection...its driving me crazy...my router is fine...dont know what the problem is..

one028

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2011
NO....im about to take this POS back....this is annoying....every 5 min this thing drops WIFI connection...i cant stream anything...

cooldaddybeck

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2008
San Jose, CA
I had that issue with iPhones and other wifi devices. Turned out to be my linksys Wireless router. Switched to an airport extreme and haven't had the problem since.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
First step is to calm yourself down.

I had an issue with dropping wifi connections when I first got my MBA. Figured it was the laptop for sure because I had another laptop that didn't have the issue and was associated with the same router. Just for good measure though I power cycled the router and all was well.

ranjitb

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2011
Try this simple trick it saves me a lot of times might work for you, go to your WiFi router settings and change the Channel id, it was on 6 for me and used to get very slow speeds disconnections changed to 1 and its like a new router.

You might need to play around to get the best channel with the least interference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.