Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zykke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2011
Hello,

I have a Studiologic Numa which connects via USB. For some reason when I connect the USB cable it powers on the keyboard but mac does not recognize it at all, and Audio Midi Setup is useless when I ask it to rescan midi. This is a brand new macbook pro running Snow Leopard. Oddly enough, it works fine with my old macbook running Leopard. As far as I know my USB port works fine, as I've tried with both ports and they seem to work well with my external hard drives. I have also tried to change the USB cable to no avail

Any ideas?

xmatthamptonx

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2011
'merika
Ahh

Same here.
Novation Remote SL says "Automap is offline"
Midi setup recognized device a few times before but doesn't at all now. Scan doesn't help. Powers on via USB but that's all I can get now. I've also tried connecting via midi cable through fasttrackpro interface to no avail.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hello,

I have a Studiologic Numa which connects via USB. For some reason when I connect the USB cable it powers on the keyboard but mac does not recognize it at all, and Audio Midi Setup is useless when I ask it to rescan midi. This is a brand new macbook pro running Snow Leopard. Oddly enough, it works fine with my old macbook running Leopard. As far as I know my USB port works fine, as I've tried with both ports and they seem to work well with my external hard drives. I have also tried to change the USB cable to no avail

Any ideas?

I think you are going to have to buy a MIDI/USB cable and use the Numa's MIDI Out port. Or maybe even buy a USB or Firewire audio interface that has built-in MIDI.

It looks like Studiologic and Apple have different ideas about how a class compliant USB port should work.

paricha

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2008
Seattle
I had the same problem with my brand new MacBook Pro(2011). I took it to the Genius Bar along with my Numa Nano. After trying it on a number of different MacBooks, we found that the problem was on all the new MacBooks(2011). The laptops from 2010 saw it fine. So Apple did something different. The Apple genius sent corporate support a note on it. I hope it is just an OS update fix. If you plug in everything and reboot your computer, it should seen it.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I had the same problem with my brand new MacBook Pro(2011). I took it to the Genius Bar along with my Numa Nano. After trying it on a number of different MacBooks, we found that the problem was on all the new MacBooks(2011). The laptops from 2010 saw it fine....

So as I said, Apple and Numa don't agree on how USB MIDI should work. Avoid USB and use the two round MIDI ports or wait and hope Apple fixes this some day soon.

atostado

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2012
Put a cheap USB hub in your life

Hi! I have the same problem with a Macbook Air 2011 and a Numa Nano. I've solved the problem with a cheap USB hub. The keyboard is recognized incredibly. It's another element in the chain, but the latency remains perfect, and the USB port gives enough power to the hub and the keyboard.

Regards.
Alberto Tostado.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.