Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ahheck01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
I'll be getting a 16GB Verizon 3G (black) soon, and based on research I'm planning on the BestSkinsEver rear skin, no skin on the front, and a black leather Smart Cover.

Any words of caution against that, or strong recommendations to pick something over those two?

Thanks!

mojojosung

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2011
I'll be getting a 16GB Verizon 3G (black) soon, and based on research I'm planning on the BestSkinsEver rear skin, no skin on the front, and a black leather Smart Cover.

Any words of caution against that, or strong recommendations to pick something over those two?

Thanks!

I think that's a perfectly fine set up. I too have a similar set up (smart cover, back cover from juststickit, and a sleeve from xtrememac. I just don't like adding bulkiness to my ipad, and this set up works fine with me. If you are planning on carrying your ipad a lot, you should also consider getting a sleeve. :)

stealthmode29

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2011
The ONLY thing I would add to that would be a Power Support Crystal Clear screen protector= perfect setup.

If the Ipad never leaves the house, this is the BEST setup IMHO. Otherwise, add Hard Candy Bubble Sleeve and you're golden.

I personally have the Incase Book Jacket as well but I like to switch from time to time.

TwinCitiesJHawk

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
The ONLY thing I would add to that would be a Power Support Crystal Clear screen protector= perfect setup.

If the Ipad never leaves the house, this is the BEST setup IMHO. Otherwise, add Hard Candy Bubble Sleeve and you're golden.

I personally have the Incase Book Jacket as well but I like to switch from time to time.

this is exactly how I have my Ipad2. BSE Back, Red Smart cover, Hard Candy bubble sleeve, and PS Anti-glare on order...

Ahheck01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Would those with a similar setup be willing to show pics?

Here's what I'm looking at:
• Apple iPad: 16GB Verizon 3G - $629 + tax = $673
• iPad Case: Black Leather SmartCover - $69 + tax = $74
• iPad Skin: BestSkinsEver Rear Skin - $19
• iPad Stand: Skadoosh Stand - $69

Total: $835

Man... I'm really debating if it's worth $106 to get double the storage... heck, or $213 extra for quadruple the storate O_O but would I use it? I'm so torn...

AZ-James

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
Thats my exact setup too. And I love it. As far as pics go, check out the BSE thread in the forums. There are some good pics in there.

I also picked up a neoprene case on ebay to use when I throw it in my backpack or if Im carrying around. Simple enough of a case, cheap, and has a place for earbuds or other accessories.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370467610366&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I too debated 16 or 32G. I went with 32G and very glad I did but it depends on what you are putting on it. Apps will not be a problem either way but If you plan to put more than a couple movies on it, I would recommend the 32G.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Man... I'm really debating if it's worth $106 to get double the storage... heck, or $213 extra for quadruple the storate O_O but would I use it? I'm so torn...
My opinion, 16gb is workable for most people, but 32 gives you plenty of room for options for $100 more. I think for the cost, 32 makes sense. 64, not so much. I don't see where 64 really adds much worth unless you want to load 64 (probably 59gb?) on there all the time.

Meever

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
If you're not sure I'd get 32gb. It's a good middle ground. I carry:

5gb of music
4gb of app (gps app takes about 1.5gb on it's own)
2gb of books
3gb of pictures
12gb of video (that's like 3 movies, 4 tv show eps in native resolution)
And rest of the space is for created content (Garage Band, Notes, Videos, etc)

If you have any intentions of watching videos then you're going to want 32gb at least.

btw. I was talking pictures and i realized it would be kind of pointless to post them. It looks exactly like a plain ol' iPad 2 with a smart cover. Except the back is shiny XD

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
If you're not sure I'd get 32gb. It's a good middle ground. I carry:

5gb of music
4gb of app (gps app takes about 1.5gb on it's own)
2gb of books
3gb of pictures
12gb of video (that's like 3 movies, 4 tv show eps in native resolution)
And rest of the space is for created content (Garage Band, Notes, Videos, etc)

If you have any intentions of watching videos then you're going to want 32gb at least.

btw. I was talking pictures and i realized it would be kind of pointless to post them. It looks exactly like a plain ol' iPad 2 with a smart cover. Except the back is shiny XD

I bought the first iPad with 64GB... never used it to the fullest. 32GB was my choice for the iPad 2.

But back to the OP's post - I decided on the SGP skin for the iPad 2. Thinking that the grip will be better, and I think it looks cool with the black Smart Cover I have. Will know more in the next day or so if my choice worked out. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.