Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

havenhamilton

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
The person i live with recently bought a netgear model cg814wg router. i'm trying to set up my airport express so i can play my playstation2 online. ive read every topic i can on the subject but none are helpful. is there anyone who was in my situtation who can help me? i called apple and they wont help me because of the netgear and netgear wont help me because of apple. im really stuck and need help. thanks so much

markjones05

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
havenhamilton said:
The person i live with recently bought a netgear model cg814wg router. i'm trying to set up my airport express so i can play my playstation2 online. ive read every topic i can on the subject but none are helpful. is there anyone who was in my situtation who can help me? i called apple and they wont help me because of the netgear and netgear wont help me because of apple. im really stuck and need help. thanks so much

I have no helpful information, i just wanted to say that i think netgear sucks. I've had 2 or their wireless b routers that have stopped working after about a week. Now I dislike them even more after hearing they refuse to help you because of the type of computer you have. Unreal.

Apple

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
sorry but i dont think it will work on your router. You have to have a WRT54G linksys router or one of the belkin models (not sure which). This is because you have to set it up as a router in WDS, because the ethernet port has to be free.

Monk Edsel

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2004
I tried to get my AP Express to play nice with my PS2 and couldn't get it to work. It's technically possible (I found a few items on the web about it, nothing sufficiently thorough however) but I've never been able to do it. I also tried to share my PB's connection by plugging the PS2 into the PB and enabling sharing but that didn't work either (on Windoze it worked very well, however). So... yeah. I'd just get a wireless bridge or one of the access points LinkSys makes just for that purpose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.