Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blakeasd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 29, 2009
Is there a QUALITY port of UITabView for mac? If so, please provide the link.
Thanks

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
What have you tried that didn't meet your QUALITY criterion?

My first thought was The Chameleon Project, but if you've already tried that and found it of insufficient quality, then you might want to clarify what it lacks, so we know what you mean by "QUALITY".

Last edited:

Blakeasd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 29, 2009
It seems you never actually help anyone here, instead you complain about the way they ask their questions.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
It seems you never actually help anyone here, instead you complain about the way they ask their questions.

I agree with chown33. Unless you tell us what is wrong with the obvious answers I don't see how your question is answerable. For example the obvious suggestion is to use the standard App Kit tab view. Have you tried that? If so what didn't work.

Blakeasd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 29, 2009
I have not tried anything as I have not found anything. I need all of the methods the regular UITabView has because I need to subclass it and use UITabView's methods. I need the UITabView because I am going for a particular style.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
I mistakenly left out the Chameleon URL before. But it doesn't have UITabView, so never mind. I double-checked and I must have misread UITableView as UITabView.

The way you wrote your original question makes it seem as if you did find ports of UITabView, but their quality was inadequate in some unspecified way.

EDIT:
I have not tried anything as I have not found anything. I need all of the methods the regular UITabView has because I need to subclass it and use UITabView's methods. I need the UITabView because I am going for a particular style.

Please explain exactly what this "regular UITabView" is.

You're using that name as if we should instantly recognize it, but Apple provides no such class for iOS. UITableView? Yes. UITabBar? Yes. UITabView? Not found.

Googling for other possible providers of a UITabView class finds nothing that seems relevant, either:

There's a C# class intended for Windows, but its name is actually UiTabView (different case).

There's an ActionScript class uiTabView.

There are a lot of bogus hits, too: apparently lots of people write UITabView or UITabViewController when they mean UITabBar or UITabBarController or UITableView or UITableViewController.

Search terms used:
UITabView site:developer.apple.com
UITabView
UITableView site:developer.apple.com
UITabViewController

Based on this, one possible reason you can't find anything is because you're using the wrong search term. That's just one possible explanation, since I can't tell if you really meant a UITabView class you have that somehow doesn't show up in google searches, or whether you really meant a UITabBar or UITableView. If it's a specific UITabView class that's not showing up in searches, please provide a reference to it as a URL.

No one can help you if we don't know what you're really looking for.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.