Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clk39

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2011
Hi guys, I need help with trying to open up Firefox after there was an automatic update by Firefox. The Firefox icon bounces once when I try to open it but it doesn't open anymore much to my dismay.

I am using a old IMac 10.4.11. I tried to restart and reboot but nothing has worked.

If Firefox can't be opened again, is there a way I can retrieve my bookmarks on there? I can't even open it up so I don't know if that's possible.

Thanks

clk39

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2011
I turned on my Mac this morning and double clicked the Firefox icon but I did it twice by accident and it said "You can only open one Firefox at once" and made me click "Close" and then I was never able to reopen Firefox again

mactouros

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2011
I turned on my Mac this morning and double clicked the Firefox icon but I did it twice by accident and it said "You can only open one Firefox at once" and made me click "Close" and then I was never able to reopen Firefox again
When you upgraded, did it put your previous version in the trash? If so, move it out of there and launch that version. Or you could use Safari to download the previous version on Firefox.

clk39

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2011
When you upgraded, did it put your previous version in the trash? If so, move it out of there and launch that version. Or you could use Safari to download the previous version on Firefox.

I am trying to download the Firefox version again. the older one since Firefox 4 doesn't work on my old Imac. Just tried to download Firefox 4 and it said it doesn't work with my Mac.

No, it did not put my previous version in the trash since it was just an update I think (installation). Thanks.

clk39

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2011
Got Firefox to open again!

Wow, I got Firefox to open after downloading older version of Firefox again. Can't believe it. I am not relieved and happy. Thanks Mactouros for your advice too!

I already had Firefox 3.6.17 running on here but after i downloaded it again, it says this -

You’re now running Firefox 3.6.17.

For security reasons, we recommend downloading the latest and greatest version.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Wow, I got Firefox to open after downloading older version of Firefox again. Can't believe it. I am not relieved and happy. Thanks Mactouros for your advice too!

I already had Firefox 3.6.17 running on here but after i downloaded it again, it says this -

You’re now running Firefox 3.6.17.

For security reasons, we recommend downloading the latest and greatest version.
Yeah, that's normal if you're running any Firefox prior to Firefox 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.