Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Hi,
I know this is a common question but I have troubels building my app in XCode. It works fine on my MBP but when I switch to my iMac, I get the error

Code Sign error: The identity 'My Name' doesn't match any valid certificate/private key pair in the default keychain

I did import my dev key/cert pair into key chain
I do have a provisioning profile installed
and I did select my key in the code signing options in xCode

What did I forget ?

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 508
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 360

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority

Do u have that certificate too?
I haven't explicitly imported the Apple's CA certificate but Key Chain shows my developer cert as valid the certification chain is verified.

Edit: I imported it from here but I'm still getting the error

Edit2: if I open the project.pbxproj file, I see that there are still some references to my old signing profile ?! If I replace the

"CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = MyName";
by
CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = "iPhone Developer: MyName (XXXXXXXX6)";

then it works. I don't understand why xcode was not showing this old signing identity ...

Last edited:

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
Well, the whole certificate I think is absolute (insert random foul word.).
Normally apple is like, do this,and bam works. Now it's, do 100 steps, it won't work from first time, because that's just too much fun. so u will have to do it 3x, so after 300 steps, congratz it works.
That's my opinion though.
And to get the license for company wise or entreprise, don't even get me started on that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.