Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blodwyn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
Portland, Oregon
I'm ripping a bunch of audio books. Some of them have 20-30 tracks of a couple of minutes each, and are on 15 CDs. What I'd like to do is rip each CD to one big track, so I end up with 15 tracks of an hour or so each.

I can't find an option in iTunes to do this. Anyone know of an OS X ripper that can do this, or do I have to rip seperately and then join all the tracks.

TIA

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
I have used Audio Hijack Pro to do this. You just set iTunes as the "source" application, press play in iTunes and AHP starts recording it. When the whole CD is done AHP automatically stops the recording.

Macaddicttt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2004
San Diego, CA
Select the tracks you want to join and then select "Join CD Tracks" from the Advanced menu in iTunes. I think that's what you're looking for.

blodwyn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
Portland, Oregon
I've used Audio Hijack Pro to record radio shows and it works well, but in real time. I was hoping there's a way to do the job at ripping speed.

Thanks anyhoo

blodwyn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
Portland, Oregon
Macaddicttt said:
Select the tracks you want to join and then select "Join CD Tracks" from the Advanced menu in iTunes. I think that's what you're looking for.

Aha! That looks promising. I'm going to try that later - thanks a lot.

Edit: Works perfectly, thanks a bunch :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.