Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

natatos

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
Iowa
More specifically SkullCandy 50/50 if it matters. I have a iPod touch 2gen and Apple dropped support for it with the new iOS 5 so I thinking about getting a iPod classic of Craigslist but the one I was thinking about getting was the first 6th gen 80GB and I'm not sure if they will work, on the Skullcandy website they reference the 6th gen as 160gb model so I'm confused if that means the second revision or every 6th gen.

mgartner0622

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2010
Colorado, USA
I know for a fact they work on the 120 and 160GB. I don't know about the 80 however as I never owned one.
All I know about it is that for my 120GB, compatibility with the volume buttons was received as a software update for the iPod. This may have happened with the 80GB as well but I am unsure.

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
are you referring to the remote like the 3rd gen shuffle came with or are you just talking about regular volume controls that come on various models of head phones?

If you are referring to the remote then unfortunately no, it doesn't work with either of the 2007 Classics (80GB or the fat 160GB)

If you are referring to just a regular ol' volume control there shouldn't be a problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.