Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vwt5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
I have been looking for a few hours for some software to handle project management and to do's for a small number of staff (about 5) all on macs.

I have personally been using Things for Mac (and syncing it to the iphone app) and it works really well. However, it does not (yet) have the facility to delegate tasks to staff members where all the people involved can see, update and log the tasks entered.

Ideally, what I am looking for is a app like things for mac which will let me add personal to do's and then assign collaborative to do's to staff members. Then, when they have completed those tasks, they log them as complete which will update my list over a network / cloud / internet type system.

I have looked at the syncing facility for thing for mac which would enable me to sync job lists with the other macs on the network. However this would mean that they would have access to all my to do's as well rather than each of us having personal lists and collaborative lists.

I have looked at omnifocus as well and I don't think they have this functionality either?

Is there anything that can do this or are we going to have to go for a web based offering?

Nikh

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Kyiv
Have you considered web systems (bug-trackers), like Mantis? They actually can do all you described, except that they use web interface,which is not that quick and handy as desktop apps.

vwt5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
Yeah, I have looked at web based systems such as basecamp but would rather a desktop app just out of ease (no logging on etc).

Nikh

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Kyiv
Hm. We'll consider adding such functionality to our to-do list application. Will it be suitable for you to have option to select some tasks from your list, and press 'mail' button, sending them as attachment to your colleague? Then, he double-clicks on it, automatically adding tasks to hist list, and after completion sending updated task list back to you?
That's not that handy as cloud synchronization, but way more easier to implement.

estelle0987

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2014
Tools for Mac

I have used tons of tools including basecamp but these tools doesn't helped me a lot. I will suggest you to try your hands on proofhub. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.