Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hawadjie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Gold Coast, Australia
I can't seem to find the answer anywhere so thought I'd post it here and give it a shot.

I'm currently operating a jailbroken 32GB iPhone 4 with version 4.2.1 (haven't updated as waiting for JB, unless there is one out that I am unaware of...). Running off a Macbook pro running OS X and iTunes 10.3.1.

Awhile ago my iPhone stopped syncing pictures with the error message stating the required file could not be found [pic attached]. It did sync my podcasts, videos and music but not the pictures. I went into iPhoto and deleted the iPhoto files as what I read in other forums. When I open the photo app on my phone I got the error message [pic attached]:

"High resolution images synced via iTunes are missing connect your device to the computer you sync photos from and launch iTunes to sync them"

Now my phone stalls at the backup stage and doesn't get past that. I can't cancel the back up via the computer but I can cancel it via my phone (by swiping). Even if I close and re-open itunes, reboot the phone, same issue.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks guys

Attachments

• IMG_2282.PNG
    IMG_2282.PNG
    230.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 253997_2043105928103_1558009353_32120488_5476247_n.jpg
    253997_2043105928103_1558009353_32120488_5476247_n.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 161

Epic Orange

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2011
Element X
I can't seem to find the answer anywhere so thought I'd post it here and give it a shot.

I'm currently operating a jailbroken 32GB iPhone 4 with version 4.2.1 (haven't updated as waiting for JB, unless there is one out that I am unaware of...). Running off a Macbook pro running OS X and iTunes 10.3.1.

Awhile ago my iPhone stopped syncing pictures with the error message stating the required file could not be found [pic attached]. It did sync my podcasts, videos and music but not the pictures. I went into iPhoto and deleted the iPhoto files as what I read in other forums. When I open the photo app on my phone I got the error message [pic attached]:

"High resolution images synced via iTunes are missing connect your device to the computer you sync photos from and launch iTunes to sync them"

Now my phone stalls at the backup stage and doesn't get past that. I can't cancel the back up via the computer but I can cancel it via my phone (by swiping). Even if I close and re-open itunes, reboot the phone, same issue.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks guys

The only thing I can suggest at this point is to stop syncing photos from iTunes. On the iPhone 4's tab, go to photos and press stop syncing. If you get any message about deleting photos, than press yes. I suggest emailing yourself the photos first before attempting to do this if it asks you that you will be deleting the photos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.