Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdtx63

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2011
I've found this applescript & it almost does exactly what I need, apart from that it produces a folder of aliases rather than copies of the original files.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/125101/

I want to select a source & destination folder & then have the script go through all the subfolders of the source folder & copy them to the destination folder. Simple? Unfortunately I don't any applescript experience :confused:

subsonix

macrumors 68040
Feb 2, 2008
I want to select a source & destination folder & then have the script go through all the subfolders of the source folder & copy them to the destination folder. Simple? Unfortunately I don't any applescript experience :confused:

How do you want to select the folders, with a GUI? Why not just alt + drag the folder to create a copy?

jdtx63

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2011
How do you want to select the folders, with a GUI? Why not just alt + drag the folder to create a copy?

The script I tried uses Finder to select the source & destination folders. I don't just want to copy a folder / files. I want the script to go through each subfolder of the source folder & copy the files into a single destination folder. The script does that but creates an alias for each file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.