Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mct74

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2008
Got one for my birthday and it is pretty slick. The game play on it is excellent with the Atari Greatest Hits app. The only drawback is the lack of other titles that are supported. However, now that the API has been released, other apps should be able to be updated to work with the iCade. I really wish MAME would be updated to work with the iCade.

Link00seven

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
NYC, USA
Awesome - thanks for the feedback! I've been wanting to get one, but I wanted to wait and see if it gains widespread adoption in the dev community - Atari Greatest Hits is great, but I'd like to see some other apps take advantage of it!

Regarding MAME: There is a imame4all (assuming that's the app you're referring to) ticket requesting this feature to be added: http://code.google.com/p/imame4all/issues/detail?id=10

sexytabitha

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
Problem solved I found this thing called an xbox if you google it I'm sure you will find that it solves all of your gaming needs

mct74

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2008
Thanks for the tip on imame4all. Looks like they just released a second beta supporting the iCade!! Just downloaded it and it works AWESOME!!! This is the best MAME experience I have ever had!!! VERY cool!

The iCade just went up in entertainment value 100 fold!

Link00seven

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
NYC, USA
I was very glad to see they added support! This really is going to help influence my decision to pick this thing up!

MightyFlub

macrumors member
May 15, 2010
North-East England
I got one of these yesterday. It's utterly fantastic. Two standout games with support are the fantastic Warblade HD and the odd looking Velocispider. Both classic shooters that play great with a real stick and buttons.

Surprisingly the Atari pack that was the first to support it fares the worst. Most of the arcade games need some form of analogue controls and with some exceptions (Asteroids for example) don't feel right.

Definitely needs more game support. There's so many games it would work well with. I was enjoying a nice game of Mos Speedrun earlier on mine :)

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6127/6035287655_305c86a3d1_b.jpg

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

For anyone In the uk wanting one Costco sell them!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.