Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mojer

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Hello,

I am currently using Reeder along with Google Reader to read all of my RSS feeds. I like this program a lot. However, over the last few days I notice that my Ipad 2 now has 2000+ articles on it. I will never get to read all of these articles. Is there a way to have these articles automatically delete if they are not read within 24 hours, for example? Or is there any way to purge the articles. At this rate I will have over 100,000 articles in a short time and I can imagine that it will eventually have an impact on the space on my Ipad 2. Thank

thunderbunny

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Cheshire, UK
I don't believe there is a way within Reeder itself. Maybe writhing Google Reader? You can just go into unread and mark everything as read occasionally. Maybe you've subscribed to too many feeds if you don't get to read them.

Mojer

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2011
I don't believe there is a way within Reeder itself. Maybe writhing Google Reader? You can just go into unread and mark everything as read occasionally. Maybe you've subscribed to too many feeds if you don't get to read them.

I tried on Google Reader however this option does not exist.

Phil Lee

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2008
Manchester, UK
I've not got my iPad to hand but from memory go to the Settings app, scroll down to the Reeder settings section and set how many articles to want to limit Reeder to and how long you want them to be kept for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.