Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChocoboNL

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
Hi Forum,

Like many of you I just got Lion, looks good.. But I accidentally created a contact group in the new Address book and I don't know how to delete it.. Backspace doesn't work - nor does it work in combinations with any modifier keys - and 'edit - delete' is greyed out.. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

davecheng

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Go to group view, click (highlight) the group name, then go to the menu Edit > Delete Group

Hi Forum,

Like many of you I just got Lion, looks good.. But I accidentally created a contact group in the new Address book and I don't know how to delete it.. Backspace doesn't work - nor does it work in combinations with any modifier keys - and 'edit - delete' is greyed out.. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Reactions: barsilvr

grtgrfx

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2008
Deleting still not an option

Go to group view, click (highlight) the group name, then go to the menu Edit > Delete Group

Doesn't work for me; clicked on the group name, Delete Group is grayed out. If it matters, the group was created by adding an Exchange server in Mail, but that Mail account was deleted. The Address Groups seem orphans that can't be gotten rid of.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Doesn't work for me; clicked on the group name, Delete Group is grayed out. If it matters, the group was created by adding an Exchange server in Mail, but that Mail account was deleted. The Address Groups seem orphans that can't be gotten rid of.

In Address Book, look at Preferences -> Accounts. If that Exchange server is there, delete it from there as well.

jW

bowtech83

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2012
I dont have a mac I use Itunes

download an app number guru and it put a contact group on my phone as number guru trying to delete anyone can help me? i use Itunes on my computer I dont have a mac.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.