Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jakerz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Atlanta
I upgraded to Lion on the day of release. Yesterday I decided to do a clean install. I used Migration Assistant to bring all my user, settings and apps over from Snow Leopard. The problem I am having is that I can not delete my Lion user. I have set the SL user that I migrated over as the Admin but I can not delete the Lion user. It will disappear from the User List but will come back after I reopen System Preferences.

Graph101

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
when i deleted my old username because files were corrupted, it took a very very long time to delete. im talking about 4hrs or so. i just left it while i transferred my files to the new username.

jgonzo

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2009
I upgraded to Lion on the day of release. Yesterday I decided to do a clean install. I used Migration Assistant to bring all my user, settings and apps over from Snow Leopard. The problem I am having is that I can not delete my Lion user. I have set the SL user that I migrated over as the Admin but I can not delete the Lion user. It will disappear from the User List but will come back after I reopen System Preferences.

I am having a similar problem. Can't delete a user account in lion. It was created in lion. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
when i deleted my old username because files were corrupted, it took a very very long time to delete. im talking about 4hrs or so. i just left it while i transferred my files to the new username.

I want to do this . How did you transfer the old files to the new acc?

Zephyre

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2011
Geelong, Australia

I have the same problem. Help :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.