Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
Hi,

It's been awhile since I jailbroke my iPhone, I am running 4.2.1 with Greenpois0n and I want to update to 4.3.3 so I can jailbreak using JBM. I use PkgBackup to backup my JB'd apps but I just want to clarify before doing this,

When I go to update all I need to do is Shift-restore and use the apple 4.3.3 firmware right? I heard they removed the signatures on the firmwares is that true?

If so, I won't need to modify the files to point at the cydia IP to fool iTunes right?

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
Hi,

It's been awhile since I jailbroke my iPhone, I am running 4.2.1 with Greenpois0n and I want to update to 4.3.3 so I can jailbreak using JBM. I use PkgBackup to backup my JB'd apps but I just want to clarify before doing this,

When I go to update all I need to do is Shift-restore and use the apple 4.3.3 firmware right? I heard they removed the signatures on the firmwares is that true?

If so, I won't need to modify the files to point at the cydia IP to fool iTunes right?

If you don't have SHSH blobs you cannot restore to an IPSW that is no longer being signed.

There have been threads of people trying but I believe that most have just screwed up their phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.