Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dman91

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2011
Hello folks , how is everyone doing?

I had a queston. I have relatives in the united states who I asked to buy me a macbook pro worth around $2,400 and 2 iPad 2 one for me and one for my sister. They went to DHL to ship them to me ( In Iraq) and DHL said its going to cost $781 ..... I was like :O

And then I came across a few companies which call themselves package forwarding companies , which give you a US street address, and you can get anything shipped their and they send it to you with DHL or Fedex at a very low price compared to the one my relatives were told in the DHL office. Those companies are:

Myus.com
viaddress.com
usa2me.com
and a few more

I was wonding if anyone has ever used them before ? are they trustworthy?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
That sounds shady and not right. How could you save money by sending it a US address who in turn will ship it to Iraq using the same shipping company and save you money?

I'd expect that you would never see your MBPs/iPads if you use them.

Dman91

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2011
according to them and some other companies they say that , they get a big discount form DHL and fedex since they post 1200 packages or something like that daily

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
lol tell one of your relatives to drop by, it would be much much cheaper :p [ ithink]

And1ss

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
OP, shipping items that will exceed $3,000, I urge you not to skip on the shipping carrier and do it right. UPS & Fedex should have world-wide + insurance.

You can probably avoid customs and etc if the notebook and iPads are out of the box and looks "used".

dclkdude

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2011
myus is good

myus.com has excellent service and rates...tried viaddress and they are total junk = lost packages and poor support. good luck!

Dman91

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2011
It worked

Hello Guys

Just wanted to let you know I used myus.com

I actually didn't trust them with $4k for a first time, so I decided to give them the iPads and some accessories but not the macbook pro. Registration went easy , and the day the package arrived at my suite , I asked them to ship it to me. it took around 2 days from Florida to UAE , but they seemed to have some issue there it stayed in UAE for around 4 days but finally today , I got the iPads savely, and for a much discounted price compared to direct post from DHL themselves.

there will be some extra charges like insurance which doesn't show up in the calculator untill you have registred, and if you want to have your stuff shipped the same day you have to pay an extra $10 but if you are not in a hurry , they ship it in 2-3 days I thing.

Since I live in Iraq and most of those electronics arrive month later than USA and are way more expensive , Myus.com is very good for me.

jack dawson

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2011
About my experience with viaddress

Hii.. wish i could share my good news with viaddress.com

I Received products with ease from the Viaddress.com, they also delivered the products in time, great customer service , very low shipping rates when compared with the other competitors

Viaddress.com allows people in turkey to shop from US retailers like Amazon.com, Ebay.com,Zappos, Newegg

Bob Coxner

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2011
Since I live in Iraq and most of those electronics arrive month later than USA and are way more expensive , Myus.com is very good for me.

I would make friends with a US soldier while they're still there. Have items shipped to their APO address very cheaply.

Dman91

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2011
they are not as friendly as you might think so , I wouldn't go near them

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
they are not as friendly as you might think so , I wouldn't go near them

lol i agree there is something strange about them. maybe it's all that ammo they carry or something. One bad move and KA-BOOM!

nah im just kidding.

LaurelHerrera

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2013
Not sure about MyUs but I used http://www.parcelbound.com and they are great. You just register and get your US mailing address and use it for your shipping address when you buy from the site and they ship it to the address you register with. Hope that helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.