Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redhawk87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I know this has probably been beaten to death. I bought a song or two off iTunes and was wanting to transfer them to my iPhone. I was wondering if I tried to download the song off iTunes on my phone if apple would charge me twice or if they would see the redundant purchase and only bill me once? I know if I download it on my iPhone I can just re-downloiad it using iTunes on my computer. If the answer to that question is no then does anyone know of an easy way to transfer music wirelessly? BTW cant wait for iCloud! would solve all my problems.

RafaelT

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2010
NM
You can download it to your phone and when you sync iTunes will copy if over to your computer. In iOS 5 wireless syncing will be available.

redhawk87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I already downloaded it on my computer. I was wondering if I would be charged twice if I downloaded it on my phone too or if apple would see I downloaded the same song twice and not bill me for two. Also I do not have my USB cable with me so I can not sync it with the wire.

cookiesnfooty

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2009
Harrogate
I already downloaded it on my computer. I was wondering if I would be charged twice if I downloaded it on my phone too or if apple would see I downloaded the same song twice and not bill me for two. Also I do not have my USB cable with me so I can not sync it with the wire.

Just sync with itunes you won't be charged again.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area

Just last week Apple enabled re-downloads of purchased videos via the Apple TV and it was national news.
If Apple allowed re-downloads of purchased music I'd guess that that would also be somewhat newsworthy and the fact that no one here has given you a definitive answer yet makes me think that the answer is "no".
No re-downoads of purchased music.
Yet.

redhawk87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I know Apple has not specifically added a re-download option on the iPhone. I was trying to find a loophole. like if apple had a policy where you cant be charged twice for the same song or something... then I could 'buy' it twice and get charged once. So I know I cant explicitly re-download like I can on my computer. I also would like an easy workaround to be able to transfer songs wirelessly? BTW thank you all for your help. I would think that this is a big issue for a lot of people and someone would of come up with a workaround if one exists. If it was not a big issue, apple would not be implementing it in iOS 5. If nothing exists or I will be charged twice in iTunes thats fine, I would just like to know.

edk99

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2009
FL
Well why don't you just try it out and see if you get charged again. Just try one song. Worst that will happen is you get charged $1 for the song again.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
I know Apple has not specifically added a re-download option on the iPhone. I was trying to find a loophole. like if apple had a policy where you cant be charged twice for the same song or something... then I could 'buy' it twice and get charged once. So I know I cant explicitly re-download like I can on my computer. I also would like an easy workaround to be able to transfer songs wirelessly? BTW thank you all for your help. I would think that this is a big issue for a lot of people and someone would of come up with a workaround if one exists. If it was not a big issue, apple would not be implementing it in iOS 5. If nothing exists or I will be charged twice in iTunes thats fine, I would just like to know.

ok so wireless syncing is a "new" feature in iOS 5 but your wondering if you can do it on the current firmware? why would it be "new" in the iOS not yet released to the public

wvphysics

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
iCloud allows the redownload of music, apps, and videos that have been previously purchased, but it is only available on iOS5 now, along with wifi sync, so one way or the other, you will have to hook it up to your computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.