Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdcuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2011
Alright, im thinking about getting an Iphone 4. But at the moment i have an amazing 30 day rolling contract on Virgin Mobile. If I brought one and unlocked it and then cut my sim card down. Would the Iphone work on virgin? :confused:

OMGwtfBBQwings

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2011
Alright, im thinking about getting an Iphone 4. But at the moment i have an amazing 30 day rolling contract on Virgin Mobile. If I brought one and unlocked it and then cut my sim card down. Would the Iphone work on virgin? :confused:

Hello,

Ive a £25 sim only 30 day rolling contract that has 800 minutes, unlimited text, web and virgin to virgin calls for only £10.16 per month :D

loyalty bonus and all.

and yes the simcard was about 3 years old and i cut it down last september and it works perfectly with my iphone 4 as it did with 3g and 3gs.

under the network settings it shows t mobiles settings buts thats expected since virgin mobile use t mobiles network for their network.

i remember when the iphone 4 was coming out, there were rumours that virgin mobile were going to buy rights to sell iphone 4's but it didnt materialise for whatever reason.

but yes do it!, it works, i post a screenshot if you want further proof

mdcuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2011
Heyy cheers for the advise, that was my only worry and now its cleared. so i better start bidding :D. Could you post some screen shots? :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.