Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Oct 9, 2011, 01:15 PM   #1
All*hail*Apple
macrumors newbie

Fashion Place Mall Murray, UT

I was wondering if anyone had any news on how the lines are going to work at the Fashion Place Mall, The Mall opens at 8:00 so you can't get in till then and the store only has an inside entrance.

Does anyone think one store in Salt Lake will be better than another to go wait in line at? How many units do you think each store will have now that there is 2 within a short distance of each other?
Old Oct 9, 2011, 05:13 PM   #2
bigpatky
macrumors regular

this'll be really interesting. first major product release w/ the two utah stores. i wonder how it'll affect the crowds/lines.
bigpatky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2011, 05:27 PM   #3
falcora
macrumors 6502

I'm sure people will just form a line outside the mall entrance, or right off mall property.
falcora is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:33 AM   #4
rjtyork
macrumors member

I'm gonna be there. I don't think very many people know about the store yet. My dad, my brother and I didn't know about it until about 3 weeks ago. And I live less than a mile away from Fashion Place! I'm still gonna be camping out tomorrow, though.
rjtyork is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 01:59 PM   #5
spurzack
macrumors newbie

I think I'm going to go to Fashion Place probably an hour or two before it opens. I don't feel like it'll be that busy... I hope. Ha ha I assume that the majority of people who are going to wait in line over night are probably going to be at the Gateway location.
spurzack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:21 PM   #6
curry
macrumors newbie

I Just called the store at Fashion Place. They said the mall is letting people line up outside at 4am tomorrow morning. She wasn't sure which outside door the line would start at, but she thought it would be by Cheesecake Factory. At 6am, the mall doors will open up and the line will move to the front of the Apple Store. See you all there!
curry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 05:21 PM   #7
rjtyork
macrumors member

I think I'm gonna wait it out here. I'm gonna be first! I'm currently inside the Apple store, and I think I'm the only person waiting so far.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 05:32 PM   #8
Optimash
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjtyork View Post
I think I'm gonna wait it out here. I'm gonna be first! I'm currently inside the Apple store, and I think I'm the only person waiting so far.
I plan on showing up around 4am. Do you know where the line will form outside?
Optimash is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:59 PM   #9
rjtyork
macrumors member

I'm not sure where the line will be. Right now there's about 7 people in line inside, but they're kicking us out soon. I don't know where the line will go after that. Probably right outside the doors.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:43 AM   #10
muttley1211
macrumors member

any line updates?
muttley1211 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups