Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daihard

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Seattle, WA
I have updated iPhoto on 10.7.2. It now shows "Photo Stream" and all the photos that are synced there from my iPhone. That's nice.

However, I can't drag any of those photos into my existing iPhoto albums. I have to drag them out of iPhoto onto my desktop to save them, and then drag those saved photos back into an album. That's lame. Am I missing anything?

Help would be appreciated.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
I have updated iPhoto on 10.7.2. It now shows "Photo Stream" and all the photos that are synced there from my iPhone. That's nice.

However, I can't drag any of those photos into my existing iPhoto albums. I have to drag them out of iPhoto onto my desktop to save them, and then drag those saved photos back into an album. That's lame. Am I missing anything?

Help would be appreciated.

You have to drag the photos to "Events" first to create an event (merge the event with another one if you want to), and from there you can drag them into an album. Because the albums don't contain the photos - events do, which means that if you'd drag photos from Photo Stream into an album, they'd be gone after 1000 pictures or 30 days, whichever comes first :)

daihard

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Seattle, WA
You have to drag the photos to "Events" first to create an event (merge the event with another one if you want to), and from there you can drag them into an album. Because the albums don't contain the photos - events do, which means that if you'd drag photos from Photo Stream into an album, they'd be gone after 1000 pictures or 30 days, whichever comes first :)

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense.

In fact, I've found that "Events" already includes special folders that contain photos in Photo Stream, separated by the month. For instance, my "Events" includes "October 2011 Photo Stream" and "September 2011 Photo Stream." I can drag directly from inside those folders.

iCloud is great. Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.