Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlackBook88

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
I got full protection ghost armor installed on my 4S today. This is the way to go in my opinion. It covers the screen the back and the aluminum sides. basically your phone will have protective film over 95% percent of the phone.
This gives it really decent protection and allows me to rock my gorgeous white iphone naked without a case. Literally no bulk added. You can get the clear protection or matte finish. Although the matte finish had nice texture I opted to go with the clear as I feel it is the most desecrate and doesn't effect picture quality of the screen.
The installation is done in a very professional way. They clean your phone then spray it with some sort of wet spray then apply the film which comes in many pieces precisely over the phone. Then the put the phone into a glass dry box which helps make sure it seals on to the phone.

Let me know if you have any questions about the Ghost Armor done by a Ghost armor retail kiosk.
I rate this 10/10 it gives me great protection and I get to show my iphone with out an ugly ottor box over it.
What cases are you guys rocking?

citizenal

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2010
Got the ghost armor for my iphone 4 a couple of months ago.. Something to note is that i felt the sensitivity of the phone went down with the ghost armor compared to invisible shield. Don't get me wrong, I actually like the feel of Ghost Armor better, just hated that the sensitivity went down. Maybe I am being overly critical, but i notice it the most with fruit ninja and ninja fishing while slashing at stuff. YMMV

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
florida
Iv been thinking of getting a shield cause all i have now is a bumper but I want the phone protected. like I can have the phone on my lap and i drops out of the car when I'm getting out of the car, a shield won't protect that lol

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Wrapsol total (or whatever they call it) is the best. It feels like glass, covers all edges front and back, and it really durable!!!

- Joe

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
I've toyed with the film route instead of a case, but just can't get comfortable without having a case on it to take the damage in the event I dropped it.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
I have never felt the need to protect the screen with film of any type on my previous iPhone 4... likely won't do it with the 4S either. The screen is pretty durable. It's the metal antenna that can get scratched to hell.

nyisles84

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
I just got the matted one installed on my back and sides as I rock a bumper. I have the Power Support HD Anti Glare on the screen. My question is, have you noticed the retina display to be degraded at all with the GA? I can slightly notice it with the power support and was debating just going all out GA on the front as well.

playaproved

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2005
I tried to get ghost armor on the back of my phone today, but they were out of back pieces, only had sides and screen. I went to the AT&T store to see what they had and ended up getting the Invisible Shield applied to the back. Overall, I'm satisfied, although there are some small bubbles they said will go away in a day or two. I left the screen alone, as I hate the feel of the screen with anything on it.

BadMoon

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
I have ghost armor on the back of my iPad 2. My armor for the iPhone 4s will be here in a day or two. If it's as good as the one I have now I will love it. I have tried many other brands and like Ghost Armor the best.

Just a side note I only put it on the backs. I don't like anything on the screen. I protect the back from ugly scratches because I like to be able to set it down anywhere.

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
Sorry to dig this up, but does anyone know the installation price on these? I want to just get the front and back done. A kiosk popped up near me and was thinking of trying it. Do they reinstall if you're not happy with the job? I'm very particular about these things. I used BSE up until recently when the screen for my 4S came in and felt differently than all the others I've used in the past and I had a hard time installing it and would up tearing it off a couple weeks later. Up until then I'd had nothing but good experiences with them but am ready to try something new.

ecwhite4S

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I like doing these things myself, so I got Bestskinsever and it's excellent and super cheap. It's wet install, so some might not have an easy time applying. I have a full body skin + case. Might be an overkill but my phone looks brand new after 8 months.

infinity12402

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2012
NY
i had an invisible shield on one of my phones and i hated it. the only reason i kept it on so long is because it was like $20 $25. but the screen doesnt look or feel the same. i just keep the screens of my phones naked and put a case on them. never had too many problems with scratches on the screen

Last edited:

ecwhite4S

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
i had an invisible shield on one of my phones and i hated it. the only reason i kept it on so long is because it was like $20 $25. but the screen doesnt look or feel the same. i just keep the screens of my phones naked and but a case on them. never had too many problems with scratches on the screen
Yeah invisible shield is horrible. I put one on my iPod touch 4G and hated the texture/look. Waste of money, I ripped it off after a few days.

Chief183rd

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
Illinois
Installed in Nashville

I had Ghost Armor installed on my IPAD while we were in Nashville, Tn. I listened to the sales pitch, watched while they installed Ghost Armor on an IPHONE, and some other devices. I chose to only have it installed on my screen of my IPAD. So far it has been great, no wrinkles, smudges and really bright ad clear. I guess only time will tell how good it really is, but for now it seems GREAT.

:)

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I have it on my iPhone 5 screen and iPad 2 screen. Also had it on my iPhone 4S, Nexus S, and Epic 4G Touch when I had those. Great experience with them overall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.