Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brolfsen

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
I have it enabled on my iPhone 4S and on iCloud.com it shows my iPhone under "My Devices" but it says I have the location services turned off so it doesn't see it but I can still send messages/sounds and remote lock it. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I locate it?

Ewan Hoozarmy

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2007
Cambridge, UK
I have it enabled on my iPhone 4S and on iCloud.com it shows my iPhone under "My Devices" but it says I have the location services turned off so it doesn't see it but I can still send messages/sounds and remote lock it. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I locate it?

Mine is doing exactly the same for my iPhone 4S and iPad 2. They both worked fine on iOS 4 and location services are definitely on.

Anyone else seeing this?

brolfsen

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Strangely I just turned location services off then back on and it popped up asking if I wanted to allow and I said yes, then turned off Find My iPhone off then back and on it started working. Weird glitch, did the same for all my devices, my iPad 2, Macbook Air, and iPod Touch. Worked everytime and now I can locate them with no problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.