Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kuwxman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 25, 2009
Kansas City
Is anyone else having problems with AirDrop after upgrading to 10.7.2? I went to use it for the first time since upgrading tonight and it wouldn't work. On my computer, when I would send a file to the other computer it would pop up a message saying the other user disconnected/denied the connection...even though the 'other' person didn't as no box popped up saying there was an incoming file. Going from my wife's MacBook to my MacBook Pro it was saying, "The Apple ID certificate for [my username] is invalid."

Did a search on the Apple support board and saw there ARE people having this problem, but no known solution. :mad:

wnorris

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2008
Yes, this is driving me crazy. OS X Lion is a pain in the arse.

I have been searching for possible solutions, but nothing at this point.

kuwxman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 25, 2009
Kansas City
Won't take credit for this as I found a fix in the Apple Support forums finally. My MBP was the one showing the 'invalid Apple ID' error so I did this on my machine. After using this fix, AirDrop works again!

1) Open System Preferences
2) Click on 'Users & Groups'
3) Look for your Apple ID and click 'Change' next to it.
4) Enter your computer's password in the box that pops up
5) Highlight your Apple ID (should be highlighted if only one in the box) and click the '-' minus sign to delete it and click 'Done' after it is gone.
6) Click on 'Set' next to Apple ID to re-add your Apple ID.
7) After Apple ID is reset, profit!

Cliffs: Delete the Apple ID associated with computer and re-add it.

skipnalaska

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2011
Clearing Apple ID doesn't always work!

Sometimes the reset works, sometimes it doesn't (for no apparent reason). Does Apple have a fix planned? This is getting frustrating... :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.