Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BGTHEMOGUL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2010
There's no iChat app for the iPhone 4s to be able to instant message chat with those you normally speak to on your computer?

BGTHEMOGUL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2010
Surprised Apple hasn't made an iChat application. It should be built into the phone already but to create an app would be simple. You would then be able to video chat with people on computers as well which would be cool instead of having to go through FaceTime.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Surprised Apple hasn't made an iChat application. It should be built into the phone already but to create an app would be simple. You would then be able to video chat with people on computers as well which would be cool instead of having to go through FaceTime.

There's evidence we may see iMessage capability in iChat: https://www.macrumors.com/2011/09/14/apple-is-building-imessage-into-os-x-lions-ichat/

As to videochat with people on computers, FaceTime exists in OSX, or just use Skype.

BGTHEMOGUL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2010
There's evidence we may see iMessage capability in iChat: https://www.macrumors.com/2011/09/14/apple-is-building-imessage-into-os-x-lions-ichat/

As to videochat with people on computers, FaceTime exists in OSX, or just use Skype.

FaceTime doesn't exist on mine and they would still have to download the software and install it. iChat is already used to video chat with people so it would obviously be more convenient. Hopefully they implement iChat into the iPhone or at least offer an app for it.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
FaceTime doesn't exist on mine and they would still have to download the software and install it.

Included in Lion, I forgot that it wasn't in Snow Leopard so you're right on that, good point. It's a $0.99 download from the Apple App Store.

BGTHEMOGUL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2010
I'll download FaceTime from the App Store just to have it anyways. What is Verbs?

rbrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland

Meebo is great - unless you're running iOS5, then it crashes as soon as you try to open it. Even with iOS 4.3.5, it would notify me of non-existent events - a known bug, which "will be fixed in the next update".

I hope it gets updated soon, other than the minor irritating bug, and the major app-killing bug, it's excellent! It connects to just about every IM protocol you've heard of, and some you haven't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.