Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Nov 5, 2011, 11:45 AM   #1
jlmcclellan
macrumors member

Crusader Kings on the Mac

Hey guys,

I'm going to buy Crusader Kings and noticed it was available on the Mac as well as the PC, so I was curious who here has had any experience with the game (preferably on both) and if there is any reason I should pick up the PC version over the Mac version?

Thanks a bunch!
jlmcclellan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:46 AM   #2
freyr1960
macrumors newbie

Avoid Crudsader Kings II

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmcclellan View Post
Hey guys,

I'm going to buy Crusader Kings and noticed it was available on the Mac as well as the PC, so I was curious who here has had any experience with the game (preferably on both) and if there is any reason I should pick up the PC version over the Mac version?

Thanks a bunch!
Steam had a sale on it this past weekend and I made the mistake of buying it. Be sure to read the forum posts on Steam before purchasing games. Mea Culpa. The Mac version is a real stinker. Integrated graphics are not supported in the Mac version, but they are for the PC. Even with a Mac Pro and a Radeon 5770 the game is unplayable. The thing slows to a crawl and crashes frequently. Pity, because the PC version seems to be doing quite well. If publishers are incapable of porting games, I wish they would just stop trying. As it is, people waste good $$ on software that doesn't appear to have been tested at all.
freyr1960 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2012, 03:26 PM   #3
laetusviator
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmcclellan View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks a bunch!
Are you talking about the original Crusader Kings, or Crusader Kings 2?

If you buy CK2 on Steam you get both the PC and Mac versions. So you could try both yourself and see what you prefer.

(Of course, you might not want to buy it on Steam!)

Last edited by laetusviator; Jun 13, 2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: clarification - which crusader kings?
laetusviator is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:58 PM   #4
ultra7k
macrumors regular

has the publisher fixed up the mac version of the game? or is is still terrible? I kind of want to play this!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:40 PM   #5
cluthz
macrumors 68040

Send a message via MSN to cluthz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra7k View Post
has the publisher fixed up the mac version of the game? or is is still terrible? I kind of want to play this!
I had huge issues before, but it seems that it works ok now, I haven't played it much as my requests for help from the developer didn't get answered at all.

My issues was that starting the game op the menus took like two minutes to spawn and all 3d models in game was flickering, those is at least for me now fixed.
cluthz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:58 PM   #6
ultra7k
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluthz View Post
I had huge issues before, but it seems that it works ok now, I haven't played it much as my requests for help from the developer didn't get answered at all.

My issues was that starting the game op the menus took like two minutes to spawn and all 3d models in game was flickering, those is at least for me now fixed.
Thanks!

Now to wait for a sale...
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:22 PM   #7
Cougarcat
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra7k View Post
Thanks!

Now to wait for a sale...
It's on sale fairly often.

I have no issues with the game on my 320M, though I think most of the problems were with intel graphics. And it's fine on my desktop's 5850.
Cougarcat is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games