Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iToNe24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2011
NY
I currently use the speck candyshell case for some time but since taking the case off the device i missed how much slimmer the phone is ... the speck case offers some nice protection but also adds some bulk. I am in the market now for a case that covers the phone with minn bulk and if possible also covers the power button and volume rockers.

Can u guys offer some of the ones that are most popular .. i am wondering if the clear cases are cool or they just show to much dirt, scratches, rainbox effect, etc ..

i have the white iphone

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
My vote for best case/protection would be the Caze Thinedge.

Can be had for $8 off of eBay, doesn't mess with flash, lay on table design, sturdy material that doesn't stretch/flake like other cases, and imo the blue version looks great on a white iPhone :)

PeturR

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
Lyon, France

Can be had for $8 off of eBay, doesn't mess with flash, lay on table design, sturdy material that doesn't stretch/flake like other cases, and imo the blue version looks great on a white iPhone :)

Is it only a bumper? Looks little bit strange

iToNe24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2011
NY
http://www.desmay.com

I have the clear gray on my white iPhone, you can't really even tell its there

Boy is that thin ... thanks for sharing ...that case pretty much just protects from scratches ...

----------

thanks for sharing .. that is a bumper which i am not to fond about because leaves the back wide open for damage and not to happy about the clip that protrudes from the side to keep case together ... thanks for the suggestion though !!!

i also found the iskin solo looks like it covers the volume buttons and not sure about the power button

another
MicroShell

Switcheasy

Last edited:

iToNe24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2011
NY
i think i am debating between the switcheasy vulcan

and the iskin claro

are there any other clear skins that i am missing that cover power button and volume buttons..

vulcan
+ comes with 2 screen protectors, dock and 3.5mm jack protectors
+ has scratch resistant back
- has no black ring around camera cutout and might give u a little wash out effect from flash

claro
- comes with no accessories
- back cover might scratch easy
+ has black trim around camera cutout

not sure about yellowing effect on the cases ... hopefully others can chime in

late entry into the mix
http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Protective-Screen-Protector-Verizon/dp/B004I8WD6E/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1321650266&sr=1-3
no covers on power or volume buttons

Last edited:

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2011
I contacted them about the Claro case and asked about the tpu sections yellowing over time and they said it will happen. It is just what the material does after a while. I am not paying $35 for a case that is guaranteed to change colors in a few months. You can do what is best for you, some don't think it's a big deal.

i think i am debating between the switcheasy vulcan

and the iskin claro

are there any other clear skins that i am missing that cover power button and volume buttons..

vulcan
+ comes with 2 screen protectors, dock and 3.5mm jack protectors
+ has scratch resistant back
- has no black ring around camera cutout and might give u a little wash out effect from flash

claro
- comes with no accessories
- back cover might scratch easy
+ has black trim around camera cutout

not sure about yellowing effect on the cases ... hopefully others can chime in

late entry into the mix
http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Protective-Screen-Protector-Verizon/dp/B004I8WD6E/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1321650266&sr=1-3
no covers on power or volume buttons

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
http://www.desmay.com

I have the clear gray on my white iPhone, you can't really even tell its there

Can you share a photo of the Desmay in gray on the white phone? I was hoping that they would come out with a white case but that hasn't happened. I like the pure white look of the white phone and currently have a white Sonix case which I do like but would also like to see what the Desmay actually looks like on a white phone.

Thanks in advance.

MrJay23

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
here you go

Attachments

• IMAG0019.jpg
    IMAG0019.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 1,236
  • IMAG0020.jpg
    IMAG0020.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 1,453
  • IMAG0021.jpg
    IMAG0021.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 1,218

clumsythief83

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
I have the Desmay case too. It's great but I don't use it anymore. It's so thin that it won't protect the phone against anything but scratches. I find it a little bit slippery too and since it won't protect the phone against drops, that's why I'm using a thin bumper instead.

WillWill

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2011
Paris, France
I have the Desmay case too. It's great but I don't use it anymore. It's so thin that it won't protect the phone against anything but scratches. I find it a little bit slippery too and since it won't protect the phone against drops, that's why I'm using a thin bumper instead.

Why not the Incipio feather?? Its very thin PC case too

sheltem

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2008
I wish they made a thinner version of the Incipio NGP, which is the case I'm using right now; basically the Desmay Slight that's a little thicker with a lip on the front for addition protection. Or maybe something as thin as the Desmay Slight, with a plastic exoskeleton?

Black Dawg Down

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2011
I contacted them about the Claro case and asked about the tpu sections yellowing over time and they said it will happen. It is just what the material does after a while. I am not paying $35 for a case that is guaranteed to change colors in a few months. You can do what is best for you, some don't think it's a big deal.

Incipio NGP is guaranteed not to turn yellow when I asked them.

But it's way too thick. It's like wearing a boxing glove. It just kills the sexy feeling of iPhone 4.

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I've posted this in a few threads..but since this one is a new one..

My vote is for the skech/case crown sliders..which I think have the best combination of protection and thinness. Great rubberized/matte texture, felt lined, small bezel, covered top and bottom. Love this case.

MrJay23

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
Another plus one for the desmay.

I like to take the case off and put the back against the screen and play with my phone..So thin that the phone is still responsive lol

phooi

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

+1 for the Desmay.

Got the "clear" which is really a grey. Only wish would be that it was white or clear (I have the white iPhone). Otherwise it is exactly what I was looking for--super thin and provides scratch protection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.