Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chainprayer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
I just got a new iPhone 4s and restored everything from my iCloud backup. My phone keeps asking me for iTunes passwords for 4 iTunes logins, none of which are familiar to me.

The emails are:
kat-----@u---.edu
arb-----@c-----.net
sky------@g----.com
meg----@w-----.edu

I googled the first, and found a Yahoo Answers question saying someone had the same issue with the same email address, but the question was closed. Any insight to this strange issue? It's hard to use my new iPhone when it prompts me for these passwords every 3 minutes.

Last edited:

chris2k5

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
I just backed up my Iphone 4S via iCloud and it prompted me for passwords to random Apple IDs as well.

I thought it was odd and I just kept pressing the Home Button and pressing cancel.

And please remove those emails from your post. You don't want to be giving out other people's email addresses.

chainprayer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
Did you get it to stop? I got my phone at noon today and it still comes up constantly!

alectheking

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2010
On two of my 4S I also had completely random email logins upon restoring from iCloud, 2 totally separate backups and accounts. Both were asking for the same random email address which I had never seen, even after a clean restore! It did stop once I logged into the correct ones under settings.

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I read somewhere that if you have any type of music on your phone that you got from another person (who authorized your iTunes account to play the music or however it works (I never understood how authorization works)) that you will get random prompts with an email address and a password. The email address displayed belongs to whoever you got some of your music from.

Although some people seem to be getting these prompts without having any authorized content from another person on their device.

Pooshka

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2008
Fun fact:

Did you know that if you restore using iTunes, none of the above will happen.

ryguy2303

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2009
I had the same problem at the Apple store when I restored from iCloud backup. They said it was a bug that many people were encountering when restoring from iCloud. Restore from iTunes to fix!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.