Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mapleleafs89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2011
I jailbroke by ATV2, installed XBMC on it.

I do crash often when running XBMC on it even after installing updatebegone.

But thats a whole other issue. When I play music on my PC through iTunes and stream it to my Apple TV using airplay my Apple TV reboots during random points in certain songs. I think it does happen during certain songs only however, but the song keeps playing fine on my PC while the apple tv just reboots and I lose sound.

Is this a known issue? An issue with iTunes or Apple TV?

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
I'm sure it's the jailbreak. Mine (and most folks) work just fine with stock firmware. Try converting your video with Handbrake to ATV2 / audio with XLD to AAC or Apple Lossless * and sharing it via iTunes see if it's more stable.

* MP3's should be fine on a stock ATV2.

mapleleafs89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2011
I converted the song in iTunes by right clicking and choosing create AAC version, the crashing still happens on these songs. Its not at a specific point everytime, for example one time it may be at 1:45 into it but if I play it again it will play over that part at crash 45 seconds later or something.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
It doesn't sound like you're doing anything differently than anyone else, a test would be to re-rip or even just re-encode the offending songs to see if that helps.

I suppose it's possibly a hardware issue, but the only way to know is to un-JB and see if the problem remains. Of course you need to be careful about being able to re-JB after your tests are complete.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.