Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

seeding.png

Apple has seeded developers with the first version of iOS 5.1 Beta and Xcode 4.3.
iOS SDK 5.1 provides support for developing iOS applications and includes the complete set of Xcode tools, compilers, and frameworks for creating applications for iOS and Mac OS X. These tools include the Xcode IDE and the Instruments analysis tool among many others.

With this software you can develop applications that run on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 5.1. You can also test your applications using the included iOS Simulator, which supports iOS 5.1. There are two Xcode iOS SDK 5.1 images, one for installing on a Macintosh computer running Mac OS X 10.6.7 (Snow Leopard) or later, the other for installing on a Macintosh computer running Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion).
BGR provides some release notes which presently list some known issues but are otherwise unrevealing.

Article Link: Apple Begins Seeding of iOS 5.1 Beta, Xcode 4.3 to Developers

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
I hope it includes a fix for Airplay from the iPhone 4S to third-party speakers, which at the moment is totally FUBAR.

Xian Zhu Xuande

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
I hope it includes a fix for Airplay from the iPhone 4S to third-party speakers, which at the moment is totally FUBAR.
Working perfectly for me across a range of speakers. I did have a few annoying bugs until the most recent AirPort Extreme fix, though.

yeah

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
Fine, I won't "spam" or say "first comment" as you guys hate.

I would like to see Siri do much more things (out of beta?) :)

zachlegomaniac

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2008
sorry for the layman's question, but does this mean they won't push out a 5.02 for the battery and are heading for the 5.1?

ty,
z

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
Working perfectly for me across a range of speakers. I did have a few annoying bugs until the most recent AirPort Extreme fix, though.

You are fortunate but this remains a widespread problem for those not using Airport. It works perfectly via iPad 1, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4. Crashes my whole network after one song using iPhone 4S.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
i have it dled but I want to wait for the release notes to come up and see how bad the bugs are as they say theres no reverting and i dont want to be stuck on it for 2 weeks if the bugs are horrible.

Xian Zhu Xuande

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
You are fortunate but this remains a widespread problem for those not using Airport. It works perfectly via iPad 1, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4. Crashes my whole network after one song using iPhone 4S.
First I've heard of it. It certainly doesn't mean there's no problem, but because mine's behaving nicely, and because I know other people who aren't having any problems, I'd be inclined to believe that maybe there's something you can identify and adjust to resolve the issue. It shouldn't matter what speakers you have attached. The AirPort Express is only responsible for sending out the audio.

Edit: Unless you're referring to third-party speakers with built in AirPlay functionality. I shouldn't have overlooked that. It opens up a whole range of potential changes which Apple may have brought about, or bugs which may be associated with manufacturer products.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
I'm glad they're fixing the movie player issue. Whenever I launch a video, my iPhone freezes it, then blanks the screen and reloads it before playing. It's a minor thing, but playback used to be seamless in all previous iOS versions.

I'm also finding that the periodic keyboard bug has returned, where the keyboard freezes while I'm typing and then suddenly regurgitates whatever I did before it froze. It seems like every iOS iteration had this problem in one update or another.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.