Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
I have my iPhone 4 with iOS5 tether jailbreak. I was in iFile in the application folder and I saw 2 instances of cydia. Cydia.app and 2Cydia.app where I previously renamed it. Since cydia was working, in iFile I moved 2Cydia.app to the trash and trashed it.

Now, I lost The Cydia icon on my iPhone. In iFile I still see the other instance of Cydia, Cydia.app. I tried using redsn0w to run the jailbreak again and install the Cydia icon but that did not get the Cydia icon back. I have tried booting tethered several times and the icons is not coming back.

I also tried deleting the springboard.plist from var/mobile/library/preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist.

I tether booted my iPhone and it got the loading icon to rebuild the springboard but the Cydia icons did not come back.

IFile still shows that Cydia is there. I do not have SSH enabled.

How can I get Cydia back?

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
I got it back. In iFile I deleted and trashed Cydia. Then deleted var/mobile/library/preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist. Then I reran redsn0W jailbreak then booted tethered.

That got the icon back. I lost all references to all of the cyida sources and apps I had installed. I readied the sources and reinstalled the cydia apps open of the existing apps.

iStar19

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2012
I got it back. In iFile I deleted and trashed Cydia. Then deleted var/mobile/library/preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist. Then I reran redsn0W jailbreak then booted tethered.

That got the icon back. I lost all references to all of the cyida sources and apps I had installed. I readied the sources and reinstalled the cydia apps open of the existing apps.

My apologies for posting on a six month old thread, but I just wanted to confirm that this worked for me as well (today).

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
NW
I'm a similar issue with the 4S I just bought today. The phone is already Jailbroken and I saw the cydia icon before I bought it. I restarted the phone and for some reason the cydia icon is gone.

It is on version 5.0.1. I plugged it in my computer and ran greenpois0n but it tells me that its an error because the device is already jailbroken. I don't want to upgrade to 5.1.1 because I will lose my unlock using my Gevey sim for 5.0.1.

Is there anything I can do besides greenpois0n and not having to upgrade to a new version?

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
NW

I have tried this method but when I tried to jailbreak using redsnow 0.9.14b2, it says device is not supported with this version. I tried greenpoison but it says error the device is already jailbroken.

I need a little help guys...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.