Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idanlevy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
so my macbook air 13 dropped to the floor it was really bummer

iam attaching photos

ive been in apple store and they said all my warranty is canceled

they suggested me to send the laptop to lab and after few weeks get price estimation to fix and bring the laptop back to warranty

do you know how much it should cost to replace it

i must say everything is working with the air
in my opinion it is only cosmtics problems...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 153
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 157

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2011
If it is working fine there is no way I would pay (likely) a sizable amount of money to fix. That's a badge of honor, not a problem.

calvol

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Do NOT get a Speck, bottom case cracks and falls off within weeks. Go for Incase or Carbon.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
Take it to a Genius Bar and have them test it. Once they do, if they find that the computer itself is working fine, they'll mark your case file and restore your warranty.

jacob-07

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
I have nothing but compliments about specks hardshell cases, I've had them on my previous mbp's and currently have a clear one on my MBA no problems thus far.

Redbull916

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2012
Brighton, UK
Did it fall of a desk or did you have in a sleeve?
I've dropped mine twice, both times when it fell off the top of a suitcase at an airport. I brought a thule case from the Apple store (wanted something small but strong and would hold the charger, iPad, MagicMouse and cables). It's not pretty, but it's saved the Air and the iPad inside.
51qXwlr3%2B1L._AA300_.jpg

A sleeve looks great, but most of them don't protect much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.