Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gking096

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
Have you seen that most iPad/iPad accessories from Apple do one thing and one thing only? Why can't they fit a camera connection kit, the AV dock, the card reader to one device and charge a little bit more for that? It all has to do with profits, of course: why sell one 45$ accessory when you could sell three dedicated ones for 30$ each, right?

Well, I kind of hate that and that's why I've decided to tell you about the third party 5-in-1 Connection Kit from an unknown iPad accessories manufacturer. It's available at zeromartz.com

Let's see the main functions of the 5-in-1 Connection Kit:

TV connection for Video Playback (not HDMI)
SD card reader for Data transfer (needs a DCIM folder to be able to transfer data)
Micro SD (T-Flash) card for Data transfer (also needs a DCIM folder to be able to transfer data)
Computer for Data Sync / USB Port for charging
Keyboard for data input / DC for picture and video input

That's a lot of functions this small dongle can do and it's compatible with the iPad and iPad 2 running iOS versions 4.1.0, 4.2.1 and 4.3. Other firmware versions won't work, so make sure you have updated you iPad to one of these. Also consider the fact you can only connect one device at a time, but that's hardly an issue.

ipad-5-in-1-connection-kit.jpg

Lindenhurst

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011
You are aware that you are not allowed to push your own products on this forum right??
I see you just joined and are doing just that.

Thats why they sell banner ads on this forum. Contact those that run the forum to advertise on it.

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
It's not his product, I've seen these on eBay numerous times and they are dirt cheap from china. I was tempted to buy one but I figure it's probably very limited unless you're jailbroken. It's not against the rules to advertise a cool product you found online!

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
I also love how every time something like this pops up everyone just assumes it will perform 100% as advertised from the start.

Lindenhurst

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011
I have purchased apple knockoff chargers in the past and found that most of them have such cheap connectors on them that they either do not work at all or work for a short period of time before breaking.

If anyone buys this gadget and it actually works, let us know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.