Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
http://news.com.com/2100-1001-962333.html?tag=fd_top_1

Microsoft is investigating a security breach on a server that hosts its Windows beta community, which allows more than 20,000 Windows users a chance to test software that is still in development.

With 20,000 beta testers, I doubt they got somethign they isn't already being distributed illegally in the usual places.

arn

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
uhhhh... the security breach was *supposed* to happen... yeah, that's it, it's a feature, not a bug... hehehe

;)
pnw

Iain68

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2002
CANADA of Course
What does it matter, that site is hacked like 10 times a month anyhow. Although i sure wish those guys would have taken teh source and released it. Talk about a fast way to go open source, Go Linux!:D

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by Iain68
What does it matter, that site is hacked like 10 times a month anyhow. Although i sure wish those guys would have taken teh source and released it. Talk about a fast way to go open source, Go Linux!:D

Okay so we have to innovative Microsoft technologies now.

1) Sharring through easy hackability.

2) Open Source through easy hackability.

This is great they didn't even have to write the OS to share or present open source software it's all right in there with out them trying.

Iain68

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2002
CANADA of Course
The reason I said it should go open source, is that Microsoft would loose a ton of money. It would also get rid of these stupid fights between Microsoft and Congress, remeber when it they were fighting for the source code to be released.

Computer_Phreak

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2002
hey you guys want to write a virus (for windows) that does the following:

- DDOS's http://www.microsoft.com (on bootup)
- Distributes itself to others on person's mailing list (excluding those that have @mac.com on the end of them)

What do you think?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.