Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeevster

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Can anyone recommend a decent docking station for the MBP 13 inch (late 2011).

Jeevster

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Apple makes that 27" display...

I have a 27' imac, but i need somewhere to dock the macbook pro to save space...

----------

I'd look at hengedock they are pretty nice, and make everything easy once you set them up

I have looked at them, but most reviews bascially say they are nothing but cable tidys, and most of the cables u need are not supplied..... but they do look good!

Sonhascome

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2010
Maryland
[/COLOR]

I have looked at them, but most reviews bascially say they are nothing but cable tidys, and most of the cables u need are not supplied..... but they do look good![/QUOTE]

I had one and really enjoyed it, and if you already used an external monitor you should have most of the cables you need, you would just need a keyboard and mouse in addition to the monitor to run the macbook in clamshell mode.

warvanov

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2011
I have looked at them, but most reviews bascially say they are nothing but cable tidys, and most of the cables u need are not supplied..... but they do look good!

Aren't docking stations in general nothing more than a fancy and expensive way to keep cables tidy?

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
Aren't docking stations in general nothing more than a fancy and expensive way to keep cables tidy?

In the case of a Mac, pretty much yes. On the other hand I have a Dell that has a port replicator/dock that greatly expands on the available ports and functionality of the machine. But it also has a connector on the underside dedicated to that purpose that is the interface to the dock. Something our Mac's don't have. .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.