Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Jan 27, 2012, 09:49 AM   #1
christo747
macrumors newbie

Small but effective suggestion for Safari Top Sites Page

Shadows in the upper rows of the site-miniatures.
It is a small thing but still a great improvement. Reduces the visual complexity of all these small images, looks great, works especially well when the browser window size is changed and fits well into the os x design concept (the use of shadows). Would love to see apple do it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	safari_fantastic_improvement.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	321804  

Last edited by christo747; Jan 27, 2012 at 09:55 AM.
christo747 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:26 AM   #2
radug
macrumors member

it should be consistent : all rows, not just top ones. Also, the shadow should have the same opacity as the already-present page-curl shadow.

i'm more interested in Apple making a Top Sites feature that actually works and does not render Safari useless for up to 1 minute.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 02:58 PM   #3
christo747
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by radug View Post
it should be consistent : all rows, not just top ones. Also, the shadow should have the same opacity as the already-present page-curl shadow.

i'm more interested in Apple making a Top Sites feature that actually works and does not render Safari useless for up to 1 minute.
Hey, great to get a reply on this. Well, the shadows are virtually coming from the the "row on top" and the first row just has nothing in front of it. Also the dropshadow would interfere (it really looks wrong)-

I made the shadows looking a bit like the dropshadows from the windows. Had to write that last word ... Please can you tell me which the page-curl shadow is your are talking about? Thanks.
christo747 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:25 PM   #4
Apple Key
macrumors 6502a

That's an interesting suggestion. I favor the way that it is currently though.

I believe that they are meant to be shown on the same virtual plane. Meaning that it's supposed to give the appearance of a "wall" of webpages in front of the user.
Apple Key is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics