Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

undergroundHACK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
I have this app - Itemizer. I spent a long time populating it with my inventory - photos, serial numbers, the works. Then before updating to ios5, I backed up, updated. Somehow I lost the app & data, but I know it's on this PC. I had to restore as a new device, not from a previous backup.

When I synced the app back onto the iPad, the app is empty, like new. I've gotta figure out a way to locate the app data (on the PC) for this app and either:

1) Replace (current empty) the app data on the PC. Then when I sync, it'll go back to the iPad or
2) Use iFile to copy the backed up data to the proper location on the iPad.

I'm thinking option #1 is easier. Are there other options? Can this be done? Has anyone does this type of recovery? Help please! I spent so much time on that data entry. Thank you in advance.

Can I find the backup of this one app and manually restore it? I didn't use the app for a couple of months, so I'm safe going back to like 2 months ago and grabbing that app, folder, data, whatever and restoring it manually. Possible?

Jryoo24

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2012
I'm pretty sure you lost data..
There is two types of data in ios app;
Things to backup,
And things not to backup.
Huge datas; such as actual movies in movie player app is usually is in second category to reduce your backup time. These must be backed up using Applications -> File transfer.
You know, ITUNES SUCKS! Crashes all the time..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.